Hemp Seed Oil
Hemp seed oil comes from hemp seed (Cannabic sativa L). The most valuable is the cold pressed (up to 40 ° C) and unrefined. It has a yellow-green colour. Its name according to INCI is Cannabis sativa (Hemp) Seed Oil.
Hemp seeds come from Central Asia, where for hundreds of years their fibers were used for the production of paper, sails and ropes, and the oil pressed from them was used to soothing skin problems.
Hemp seed oil is one of the best oils when it comes to skincare. This is due to its composition: in almost 80% it consists of essential unsaturated fatty acids (EFAs), especially linoleic acid from the group of omega-6 fatty acids and linolenic acid from the group of omega-3. In addition, they have perfect proportions to each other. The ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 is 3: 1 and is ideal for normal lipid metabolism.
In hemp seed oil, there are also other acids: oleic, palmitic, gamma-linolenic, as well as proteins, amino acids, carotene, minerals, vitamins (vitamin A, vitamin D, vitamin E and vitamin K), phytosterols, phospholipids.
Finally, we will also find in it a lot of active substances with anti-inflammatory, regenerating, antiseptic, antioxidant and sun protection properties, including tocopherol, canabidol or terpenol.
What can hemp seed oil do for you?
- It rebuilds the hydro-lipid layer of the epidermis, thanks to which the skin does not lose moisture, and the epidermis performs its protective functions better.
- The high content of EFAs keeps the skin in good condition, and also improves resistance to external factors, including wind, frost and sun.
- Relieves inflammation with atopic dermatitis, psoriasis and eczema.
- It eliminates severe itching of the skin in dermatoses, especially atopic dermatitis, as well as in skin allergies.
- Reduces the risk of irritation and discolouration.
- Regenerates the skin, prevents premature wrinkle formation.
- Improves skin tone.
- Nourishes the skin.
- Regulates sebum secretion, which supports acne treatment
- Restores skin elasticity and proper hydration.
- Softens and smoothes the skin.
- It is a natural sunscreen, protecting the skin against UV radiation.
- When applied to the scalp, it stimulates hair growth, when applied to hair, it adds shine and makes combing easier.
Buy any Hemp Seed Oil products and get 20% OFF on any second one
Hemp seed oil products in Nat-ul: