Prickly Pear Seed Oil
Prickly Pear Seed Oil (also known as Opuntia Ficus-Indica Seed Oil, Fig Opuntia Oil, Barbary Fig Oil, Indian Fig Oil ) it’s a real luxury closed in the small bottle.
Opuntia plant probably comes from Mexico and its properties were already known and valued in antiquity. The Aztecs considered the Opuntia Ficus Indica (Prickly Pear Cactus as a sacred plant.
It’s called one of the most expensive oils on the world because the Prickly Pear fruits are harvested only for a few days a year and then dried naturally in the sun. After drying, the seeds are removed and used to produce the cold pressed oil. What really important, half a ton of fruit is needed to produce a liter of oil.
It’s not just one of the most expensive oils, but also one of the strongest, especially when it comes to anti-wrinkle, lifting and rejuvenating effects.
Why the oil is so effective?
Because the oil has a high concentration of unsaturated fatty acids, among others linolenic acid - Omega 6, which are responsible for moisturising the skin, protect it from external factors, accelerate wound healing time, eliminate dryness, roughness, and peeling of the skin. Linoleic acid makes up about 60% of the product, thus rebuilding the lipid layer of the epidermis, as well as being responsible for its level of hydration, elasticity, and tension.
Fig Opuntia oil has a high content of vitamin E, which is called the vitamin of youth. Vitamin E is a natural and the most effective antioxidant that gets rid of our body's free radicals responsible for the aging process. This vitamin regenerates, soothes irritations and accelerates the healing process. It is also a natural protective filter for our skin against UV radiation.
Also, the oil is rich in phytosterols, which participate in the regulation of intracellular processes, support the regeneration and strengthening of the epidermis and prevent overdrying of the skin.
How to use:
- as a serum for night cream ( but remember that Prickly Pear Seed Oil should not be applied on the dry skin so before the application moist your skin with a toner or hydrolat)
- as a serum under the eyes - it will help reduce dark circles and "bags",
- as a substitute for cream, especially for the night - in both cases, apply a few drops warmed in the hand after washing the face and toning it,
- as a component of the home, two-phase make-up remover - just add a few drops to the hyaluronic gel and massage into the skin with a cotton pad or fingers to get rid of make-up
- as an addition to a day or night cream - pour a few drops into the jar of your favorite cream and mix it,
- as a serum for neckline, bust and other body parts - you can, for example, pat him into possible stretch marks, blemishes and other imperfections to help regenerate the skin.
- as a hair conditioner - a few drops massage into your hair
You can find the following products containing or made from Prickly Pear: