9 interesting facts about Poland you should know
Most of our cosmetics are from Poland.
We would like to bring this beautiful country closer to you by presenting a few interesting facts about it and some amazing pictures of its landscapes.
- The only natural desert in Europe is located in Poland. It is called Bledowska Desert and it is 33 square meters.
- There is a forest in Poland with crooked trees. It s called Crooked Forest (Krzywy Las). The trees are deformed and the cause of it is not known. The trees are crooked in right angle.
- There is a number of extinct volcanoes in Poland - The highest one (501m above the sea level) is called Ostrzyca. The last eruption was about 3-4mln years ago
- Forests cover approximately 29.6% area of Poland
- Wladyslaw Jagiello one of the Polish Kings established a law to protect an animal called Aurochs. It was the first nature conservation legislation in the world.
- Poland has the largest resources of mineral water in Europe
- There is approximately 7081 lakes in Poland.
- Kazimierz Funk biochemist, born in Poland in 1884 was a creator of the term “Vitamin”. He discovered Vitamin B1.
- Two largest salt mines are located in Poland, Klodawa and Wieliczka